Thursday, June 10, 2010

Help for memorizing Scripture

When I think of all the commercial and sitcom jingles bouncing around in my head from childhood, it makes me cringe. Completely useless information taking up limited brain space that I didn't even try to memorize. To this day I find myself humming a tune or reciting the words from a song I heard thirty years ago that I didn't even like. Why is that?

Fast forward to today; when I try to memorize Scripture, the task often seems daunting. To that end, Seeds Family Worship has made it their goal to make Scripture memorization easier by paring Bible verses with memorable tunes. After all, didn't Martin Luther say that music is the handmaiden of theology (or something to that effect, I can't remember).

Take a look and a listen to the following three videos and you'll see what I mean. Then you can click on the link below for details on how to order, and get a discount code, at Justin Taylor's blog. For those of you who are parents just think, you can brand your kids brain with Scripture for life instead of some silly jingle for sugarless gum.

Scripture Set to Song: 20% Off CDs and Free Videos :: Justin Taylor






No comments:

Post a Comment